Hello! It’s been a while! I’m back with another 30 day challenge. This one is specifically for writing so I thought it’d be a fun way to pass the time. Since I’m going to school and I have a lot of hobbies, this is a simple enough challenge for me to undertake. (And it doesn’t feel like homework.)
All right, so the first challenge is to talk about five problems with social media.
- Sometimes your private thoughts aren’t quite as private as you hoped! Even if you obsessively check your privacy settings, things happen and your platform fails you. My suggestion is, don’t write anything on social media that you’ll regret. I’ve learned this one the hard way.
- There are a lot of annoying thoughts to filter. I love my friends but I don’t always love their sentiments on certain subjects. Politics, religion, whatever it is, there’s always some views I’d rather pretend I never saw.
- There are just too many of them! Everywhere I turn, there’s a new social media platform being talked about. I barely even use Twitter and I only use Tumblr to hunt for images to use on my roleplay sites! Facebook is the only one I check on a daily basis and who knows WHY.
- Ugh, ads. Ads are an annoying part of life that we can’t seem to avoid. Even if you use an ad-blocker, there’s always something filtering through. Now we have “sponsored” posts from companies we couldn’t care less about spamming up our feeds. When will it end?!
- Drama. I think drama is the number one problem with social media. It always seems to crop up, no matter how hard you try not to let it pry its way through. You can’t even block people without causing more drama.
What problems do you have with social media? Feel free to leave your comments below!