I’m going to Kcon again this year. I wasn’t going to be a part of that mess until I saw that GOT7 was going to be one of the acts. Yay! That’s happening in August and after that, I’ll be starting school so August is going to be a busy month for me! I haven’t forgotten my idea for a serial however and I intend to start updating twice a month.
As you may have noticed, I changed up the layout for something cleaner and simpler. As much as the old one conveyed the fact that this is a writer’s blog, it was just a bit too messy for me. I’m not sure how long I’ll stick to this one but for now, it satisfies my need for something more modern and streamlined.
I’m still working on a serial idea. I had one for a moment but considering the subject matter, it didn’t actually feel like a good serial idea and more of a short story.
I’m considering starting up a serial here just to have something to blog about that isn’t life crap and reviews. I’m supposed to be a WRITER ninja, right? I just need to figure out what I want to write about… and keep it simple because it feels like making things overly complicated is always my downfall. I’ll keep you guys posted and see what I can come up with.
Well, today was pretty eventful. I got my blood test results back and I have a vitamin D deficiency. That’s not surprising, given how little I go outside. Apparently I also have to watch my cholesterol and take in a little more potassium. WEIRD, since I hardly eat any meat (and rarely red meat) and I eat a lot of bananas and melons. But, the important part here is that I don’t have any hormonal deficiencies so… there’s no medical reason for why I’m the way I am. Uh-oh.
A few minutes after I made it back home, my sister arrived to pick up my brother. We went out for a little while so she could teach me to drive. We went out to a pretty big and empty parking lot and I basically drove in circles and parked. I did pretty good when it came to parking. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to driving, though. I’m not skilled at multi-tasking so driving is actually pretty stressful for me! I’m sure when I pick up the skills, it’ll be much easier for me, though. I’m actually pretty thrilled and excited about the prospect of getting my own car and being able to go wherever I want whenever I want.
When we got back from the driving test, my sister and I checked out a few more houses out here but nothing really caught my eye. And then I heard the telltale cry of a young kitten. I’d know that sound anywhere since we’ve fostered two litters of kittens here in the past. Sure as hell, there was a small kitten about 5-6 weeks old and she was all alone near the corner of our front yard. Two men in a white work truck jumped into their truck and drove off, which led us to believe the jerks left the kitten there in our yard on purpose!
She was an adorable kitten, though!
Luckily, Jason is pretty good friends with a man out here who works with dogs. Recently, he’s expanded to kittens and since he already had a litter of kittens, he took her. I’m sure the little kitten will be much happier with other kittens. She seemed pretty lonely without her family, poor thing. I’m just glad we found somebody to take her because it’s not that easy to get people to take kittens–even as cute as they are.
I know I haven’t been writing much about, well, writing lately but that’s because I’ve hit a pretty big bump in my life. That’s why I’m learning to drive and I’m signing up for college classes for the summer. Hopefully these things will jumpstart my creativity as well!
10. I’m going to start this list with a fun classic. Final Fantasy VIII wasn’t amongst the most popular games but whether you loved or hated the game itself, you have to admit that the music was still top notch. So my number ten slot goes to:
The Man With The Machine Gun – Final Fantasy VIII
9. Here’s a different type of song right here, replete with interesting xylophone sounds. Dimentio was my favorite Paper Mario character, hands down. But this song is even better. Love it!
Super Dimentio Battle Theme – Super Paper Mario
8. This song makes me all weepy eyed every time I listen to it. I think a large part of that is because I can identify with the lyrics. Maybe I’m not autistic like the main female character from the game but sometimes, I can really identify with her as a character. Especially the part where he can’t read her and she doesn’t know what to do. 🙁
Everything’s Alright – To The Moon
7. Strega might be my favorite group in Persona 3 but their battle theme song isn’t my favorite. Gotta be honest, it was tough not to put in the various versions of the pharmacy song from the Persona 2 games just for the lulz. But for serious, this is my favorite Persona song:
Heartful Cry – Persona 3 FES
6. It’s so hard to pick just one of my favorite songs from the Sonic series. I honestly loved pretty much all of them in 2 and 3. But I have to give it to the Ice Cap Zone for this one. I love this song so much!
Ice Cap Zone Act 1 – Sonic 3
5. Here we go with another boss battle theme that starts all sad and then gets all cool. I sadface though when I hear the start of this song because I know what’s coming. Here you go:
Irony of Fate – Tales of Destiny
4. I always felt awesome when this song started because I knew I was getting somewhere in my investigation. Plus, it’s so darn jaunty.
Cornered – Phoenix Wright
3. There are a lot of songs by Akira Yamaoka–the composer for the Silent Hill games–that I love and it was tough to choose just one to list here. Maybe one of these days, I’ll make a list of the top ten Silent Hill songs. For now, however, I’ll leave you with this haunting number:
Save Before You Quit – Silent Hill 3
2. In second place comes another nostalgic song from an older JRPG. This song is actually an opening theme song rather than background music but I think it still counts. Just listening to this song makes me feel peaceful and happy inside.
Song of Mana – Legend of Mana
1. And in first place for best video game theme song! The following is my favorite video game theme song of all time. It captured my heart and emotions during the game so perfectly that it has remained with me through all these years. That honor goes to:
Reminiscence – Suikoden II.
My novel’s up for critique and I’ve received several reviews already. I’m pretty excited about the direction of this novel. I’ve also commissioned artwork of the three main characters, so keep an eye out for those. I plan to link them here when they’re finished! In the meantime, check out this review excerpt:
I enjoyed reading this a lot. You immediately drop the reader into situation where there has obviously been a fair amount of action already having taken place—so I’m interested finding out how we got to this point—and clearly there’s a fair amount of action yet to come—which I also want to know.
I’ve been more worried about organizing and cleaning the house for the past few days than I have about my impending dentist appointment. I guess that says something about my personal growth. (I sure hope it does, anyway.)
Anyway, I have some more story teasers for later this month. *wink* Look out for them!
Honestly… I roleplay because I love to write and I know my partner at least will be reading it and that they’ll care what happens next in the story. They’re a part of it, so they’re every bit as invested as I am. When I write alone, I don’t get that same feeling. In fact, I start feeling despair the further I go on by myself that everything I’m writing will forever be left unread and it’s depressing. Like what’s the point?
Most of the things I write aren’t things the people around me in real life care about so I don’t show them what I’m writing or get any input. It’s lonely. Roleplay allows me to do my number one favorite thing: write–and it matters to at least the one person I’m writing with. That’s all that matters and all I ever wanted. Being rich and famous? Not really and that’s why I become less motivated to spit out novels as time goes on.
I still call myself a writer because I usually spend most of my day writing and I get to define myself the same way anybody else does. I write, therefore, I am a writer. I don’t get paid to do it, but that doesn’t make me any less of a writer.
And that’s what I was thinking about today when asked the question: “What makes you RP?”